This page was last updated on: July 1, 2020
Kelley & Mike Livelsberger
435 E Canal Road York, PA 17404
Mikell Farm Performance Horses
I feel that it is important for prospective buyers to understand Mikell Farm's policies prior to purchase. Over the years we have had, as every horse person has, good and bad experiences in buying and selling horses both personally and for clients. With this in mind we have adopted the following policies in regards to our sales program.
1. Mikell Farm does NOT do trial periods of any type.
2. No Deposits - We will not hold a horse for any reason.
3. We do not pay commissions.
4. Payment Forms - Cash is preferred, we will NOT accept personal checks. We also can take Pay Pal (Friends & Family) or credit cards via Square , but will apply a 4% surcharge for this option to cover fees.
5. Horses must be paid for at the time of purchase, not the time of pick up or delivery. If payment is not made the horse is not considered sold.
6. All horses for sale at Mikell Farm have had their core vaccines updated - EWV, Flu Tetanus, Rhino. They will also have a current coggins, worming, recent farrier and dental work as needed.
As of May 2020 We will also have preliminary x-rays available some horses. (if available they are noted in the ad) Typically included are 2 navicular views on each front foot and a lateral hock on each leg. We will provide details and can email x-rays upon request. We have decided to add this feature to our sales program so that you know you are not going to have any big surprises. You are more than welcome to get additional x-rays at your expense.
7. All Vet examinations, if desired, will be done at Mikell Farm. No exceptions. This protects both the buyer, seller and owner of the horse. Full payment is needed to hold the horse until the vet examination can be performed. Purchase price is refundable only upon failure of a vet's examination. Mikell Farm will require a written report from the vet if a horse fails the check including x-rays prior to refund. Failure to pass flexion tests is not considered a failed vet check. Mikell Farm has a list of vets in the area that will perform vet checks at our farm. All exams must be performed within 5 days .
We are more that willing to work with you in purchasing your new horse, and feel that being upfront about our practices will help to make your purchase a good one. I hope that this has given you some insight into our reasoning behind our policies, and why we do things like we do. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.
We look forward to helping you find JUST THE RIGHT HORSE!!!!